[thelist] Filling up timesheets - good or bad?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 12 12:19:31 CST 2001

> From: "Warden, Matt" <mwarden at odyssey-design.com>
>
> That's what I thought he was talking about at first, but then I got thrown off
> by "the hour you're allowed". Are you normally only allowed an hour per day to
> do these things?

normally, an eight hour day (in the US) is a nine hour day (8-5)...
you get a half hour for lunch, and two fifteen minute breaks...

in the salary world, while this applies somewhat, it's much more
free-form... but hourly workers get this enforced much more
strictly....

i think the laws on the books are you are required to take a 15
minute break for every 4 hours worked, and an additional half-hour
break if you work 8 hours...

none of that counts toward your hours on the day, depending on
your boss...