[thelist] Idea for an attribute to the <a> tag

Jason Lustig lustig at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Jan 12 16:57:31 CST 2001

I know that this doesn't get to the W3C (I think), but I just got a cool
idea, and I was wondering what your opinions are of it. In the next version
of xhtml, do you think it owuld be nice to have an attribute for the <a>
tag, STATUS, which would change what the status bar said when it was moused
over? It makes a site look better sometimes, and it's a heck of a lot easier
than typing all the javascript out. It would degrade easily, too, since the
older browsers would look over it like a fake tag. I think it's a cool idea;
what do you think of it?

--Jason
http://www.alternate-universe.org/

*****