[thelist] PHP and anchors

Hendrik Mans hm at netzbiest.de
Sat Jan 13 14:12:31 CST 2001

Jason,

> Well, if it didn't get it in the GET request, then obviously, it wouldn't
> get parsed, which is good. But then how would I get it attached to the URI
> so that the client's browser would jump to the anchor tag?

In which situation exactly? (In most, it's fairly easy -- just add the
anchor tag to the URLs/URIs you link to.)  The only situation about which
I'm a bit unsure is inside an HTML form. The obvious thing to do would be

<form action="/myscript.php#foo" method="post">
<input name="parameter1">
</form>

but I don't know if that would send the client to
"/myscript.php?parameter1=<something>#foo". If it doesn't work, you can
always do some redirection magic (by doing 'Header("Location:
/something.php#foo");').

Am I making sense? Probably not. ;-)

Take care,
Hendrik