[thelist] web designers unique? (was: Filling up timesheets - good or bad?)

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Sat Jan 13 15:53:31 CST 2001

> > > i'm still trying to understand why so many of us, and others, think
> > > we are a different breed...
> >
> > Could it have something to do with the type of hours we put in? I often
work
> > from like 4pm to 2am, sleep, wake up at 1pm next day, work 4pm to 2am,
> > sleep...
>
> but that's not unique to this industry... hell, it's not even necessary
> for this industry...

I'm not saying that i agree with the stereotype, but the image that the media
seems to paint of developers is shut alone in an office for hours drinking
coffee at 3am while writing code.

I was just suggesting that, since we are talking about the "web ninja" name
created by the media, that this might have been where it came from.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com