[thelist] Requesting Page Through a Proxy?

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Tue Jan 16 15:17:31 CST 2001

Lauri Vain wrote:

> Hello everybody,

> When I have an Intranet site which has a proxy separating the Intranet from the
> outside world, how can I request a page using PHP? I need to get some info from
> an outside site!

When you say "I" what exactly do you mean? Do you mean "I, as in me
myself and I" or "I as in I neeed the server to get it".

Also, where are you requesting the page from? Your browser? The intranet
server?

> It shouldn't be the same as without a proxy between, right? The reason I think
> it isn't the same because browsers don't work when you haven't specified the
> proxy host.

It should be the same with or without the proxy in between, correct.
Thats only true though if the proxy is configured to let traffic back
and forth from the internet if it *is* there, and only true if you have
a direct connection to the internet if it *isn't* there.

In most browsers, you do have to specify the proxy host, true :)

Dunno if this answered anything for ya, but if you can shoot a bit more
information our way, might have some better answers :)

.djc.