[thelist] advice for coders

Terry Fowler one_webdude at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 17:09:31 CST 2001

--- aardvark <roselli at earthlink.net> wrote:

> one part that i can't stress enough is the flowchart
> of how the application works...

I have to agree; on the few occasions that I've done
a flowchart it has certainly helped *me* understand
what I'm doing. ;) Having come into web development
and programming through the backdoor though, I haven't
had any classes or hand-holding to show me the right
way to flowchart. When do I use a rectangle? When do
I use a diamond? What's the right symbol for a
decision? etc etc. I've done some searches from time
to time on the subject but not found anything useful.

Anybody got any great bookmarks out there?

HYH*,

Terry Fowler

* Hoping you'll help (?)
  Or maybe PHM - Please Help Me