[thelist] Image ready 3 on mac waaaaay slow?

Joshua Earl jearl at adel.tafe.sa.edu.au
Tue Jan 16 20:37:31 CST 2001

Hi All,

We recently upgraded Photoshop and got the upgrade to image ready
too...

now - I had a problem with Image Ready 2's speed (on Mac G3 128 meg
ram OS 8.5), but Image ready 3 is approaching unusable on my Mac G4
192 meg ram OS 9.

I've tried assigning more memory to it to no avail...

Just doing things like changing numbers in a attribute box take around
3 seconds of 'processing time' for the change to show onscreen.

Everything from Starting the app, to closing the app takes at least 10
- 20 times longer than I would think it should take from a
user-interface perspective.

I dont have the same problem with Photoshop..so can anyone shed some
light on the topic?

I'm in digest mode, so please CC to this address in your reply?

TIA,

Josh.

--
Joshua Earl
Online Development Unit
email = jearl at adel.tafe.sa.edu.au
Ph = 61 8 8207 8439
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
===
==
=