[thelist] More interesting news / NetIQ buys WebTrends for $1 Billion

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Wed Jan 17 11:14:31 CST 2001

We use the Log Analyzer version here at work.
The newest version, released last fall, v.6, is faster
than it previously busy.

-Ari

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel J. Cody [mailto:djc at starkmedia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 10:45 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] More interesting news / NetIQ buys WebTrends for
$1 Billion

We use the enterprise edition for all of our clients reporting.. Some
parts of it are pretty slick - like setting it to FTP the logs off at a
scheudled time, ACL's for the different profiles, web based administration

the things that suck about it - puts your data in a proprietary db
format after it parses the logs, crappy java applets to produce the
graphs that don't work well in netscape and almost any mac browser,
so-so support.

.djc.