[thelist] More interesting news / NetIQ buys WebTrends for $1 Billion

Raymond Camden rcamden at allaire.com
Wed Jan 17 11:17:31 CST 2001

For a site whose daily logs average around 140-150 megs, how do you think
the speed would be? I currently use HitBox for my log reporting, but when I
really want to parse logs, I use a program called FastStats. It's not as
flashy as Webtrends, but it was written in assembly and can parse a large
log file in less then a minute. (Plus it's only 60 or so bucks I think.)

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Allaire

Email   : jedimaster at allaire.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482