[thelist] More interesting news / NetIQ buys WebTrends for $1 Billion

Raymond Camden rcamden at allaire.com
Wed Jan 17 14:00:31 CST 2001

> > Price.com uses Webtrends Enterprise to parse our daily log files
> > (200-400MB/day/site).  It takes about 12 hours total to
> download, parse, and
> > generate the reports.  We have a box dedicated to just
> Webtrends reporting,
> > with something like 512MB of ram and some heavy duty CPU's (dual)
>
> exactly the same setup here, and the same results. The funny thing is,
> analog can go through about 1Gb of log files in about 30 seconds..
>

> > I'd love to see a good alternative to Webtrends that can do it
> quickly and
> > easily.
>
> +1

I believe I mentioned it before, but check out Analyzer (mach5.com). This
table compares their speed against other log programs, and I can confirm
it's pretty accurate:

				FastStats Analyzer WebTrends NetIntellect Hit List Standard
Speed (Mb/min) 		241.42             14.4      7.4          1.11
Time to Analyze   	3.7 Seconds        1 Minute  2.02 Minutes 13.5 Minutes
100,000 hits (15 mb)

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Allaire

Email   : jedimaster at allaire.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482