[thelist] Image ready 3 on mac waaaaay slow?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 17 15:44:05 CST 2001

> From: "Annie Rex" <arex at BaseSix.com>
>
> So I guess list admins are the only ones allowed to slam a product set on
> "thelist?"

wow... no... and my status as an admin had nothing to do with my
post... and anyone can slam a product here... in fact, we kind of
enjoy it... it makes us feel pretty...

> And, no, I didn't mean anything other than what I had said. Adobe has a weak
> product set when it comes to designing for the web - the problem with the
> tool is the tool.

i don't agree with that... given what PS was designed to be (a tool
for print), vs. what they are trying to make it (a tool for print *and*
web), i think they've done well... granted, it's taken them a while to
get rolling, but PS is a product designed to a whole lotta stuff... i
would highly doubt you'll be using CMYK mode, for instance, for
any of your web work, but they day you get asked to make that
cool graphic into a TIFF for the brochure, you'll be glad you can...

of course, i have a background in photo manipulation, print, and
multimedia, even before there was a web, so i've grown quite
accustomed to it and find it to be very robust...

i'm not slamming FW, either... there's no reason to, it's a great
product that we use along with IR/PS... but some of your
arguments were more of a qualitative response than a quantitative
one... and it didn't address the fundamental question of the post --
why is IR slow?