[thelist] ASP troubles - IIS or me?

Daniel McMurray mcmurd at ccaa.edu
Thu Jan 18 09:51:31 CST 2001

> > is your IIS looking for default.asp? --is your asp file named default.asp?
> > This is something simple, take a step back and go slowly, you'll
> > find it....

Actually, turned off the default document and enabled directory browsing
so I could just click on the file I wanted.

> Either that, or IUSR_WHATEVERYOURMACHINEISCALLED doesn't have
> read access to the directory/files in question.

I had also checked on this.  Actually, after a long time of playing, hair
pulling, and making my neighbors wish they had a priest handy, I realized
that the "Execute Permissions" box was set on None.  I changed it to
Scripts Only, and it worked just fine.  I never adjusted that setting
before, so I can only assume that None was the default.

One would think that, for technology decidedly Microsoft (both ASP and
IIS), they would make the default be something that can read ASP without
difficulty.  But then again, one would also think that they would make
software that was compatible with itself between versions......

Thanks for your help!
Dan