[thelist] scrolling news tickers

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 19 01:46:31 CST 2001

> From: "A. Erickson" <ilsa at earthlink.net>
> >
> > read why this is bad: http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20001112.html
>
> Not to pick on your personally and not to start a flame war but can we
> please have a moratorium on linking to dear Jakob. I want to hear from real
> developers who make real sites that work on why something is or isn't a good
> idea.

i'd rather not see people do that... after all, it's a resource that we
all know... some people attach a certain amount of value (or lack
thereof) to his writings... and he's got a hella lot more experience in
user testing than i, so i'd rather link to him than some tripe i've
written...

however, i've seen good articles on why select menu navigation is
bad... they have been based on testing, and also a lovely
application of Fitts's Law... wish i could find them...  if jakob offered
more data to support his assertions, many of us would understand
the logic, but as it is, he just relays the results of his research,
which isn't good enough for many of us...