[thelist] Dreamweaver 4 - Can't Edit in Code View

Mark Gregor mark at velir.com
Sat Jan 20 17:29:31 CST 2001

Hi,

Got this weird problem,

Whenever I try to edit in code view (via F10), I can't seem to copy or cut'n paste anything.  If I happen to have some code in the clipboard before I enter the code view, I can paste it, but it pastes it as if were text, not raw code.  Hmm..hard to explain that, I think it's encoding the code characters so it shows up as *text*, not hidden HTML code.  Hope that makes sense.

In any case, I'm bouncing in HomeSite to do code editing, but I would prefer (at least for this job) to use the DW code view.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks much.

Mark