[thelist] why does Netscape throw my table cell contents over to the right?

plankton yuilui at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 22 07:06:31 CST 2001

Hi Lisa,

> Please can someone tell me what is wrong. I am going mad trying
to fix this
> page and others like it.
>
> please see www.koolfish.com/soidawgz
>
> View in Netscape and you will see the text goes over to the
right.

Remove the   colspan="2"   from line 67 :
and it should render fine in Netscape.

Netscape is very strict with tables.

You do not need a    colspan="2"    on line 67 for the cell that
contains your content unless you intend to split it.

Anyway, I also notice that you use    colspan="3"    on lines 36
and 117 when the cell is only split into two columns. I would
suggest using    colspan="2"    for those instead.

cheers!
Plankton