[thelist] Popup Behind window

zac zac at pixelgeek.com
Mon Jan 22 13:11:31 CST 2001

Jake Stetser wrote:

> Would you mind sharing how you got a little button that does nothing but
> close windows? :) Maybe as a tip?

Its built into the drivers for the mouse. The Ms Explorer has two side
buttons that you can assign special functions to. I've set the buttons so
they  close a Window and send an "enter" key event.

That way I can dismiss dialogs and windows with a single click and not have
to move the mouse from where it currently is. It makes using your OS much
simpler.

--

       While most e-mail systems require a well-paid team
       of IS professionals, pneumatic tube mail systems

       -- Mac the Knife

       email: zac at pixelgeek.com
       WWW: http://www.pixelgeek.com/