[thelist] Client Payment Percentages

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Mon Jan 22 13:16:31 CST 2001

Hi gang,

Question on how you bill your clients--:)

I have been working with other firms from home for some time now, but lately, I
seem to be getting more "direct with client" projects due to a burst of
word-of-mouth. I am having a contract drawn up and Lawyer is asking how I charge
so he can include it in the contract.

I've always been pretty flexible really, and when I used to do this more often,
normally I just did a 30% at contract sign, 30% in the middle, and the balance
before site upload. However, I deviate from that in some situations.

What does everyone else do, and what are your reasons for your payment
percentage plan?

Thanks,
Gina