[thelist] Debugging a New PC

zac zac at pixelgeek.com
Mon Jan 22 14:00:31 CST 2001

Frank wrote:

> Can anyone suggest what avenue of exploration I might take.

Two  things

First disable any of the automated Norton utilities. In my experience the
app is a total resource hog (and buggy as well). In fact I would basically
disable (and uninstall0 everything except for the Anti-virus program. I had
SystemWorks installed on my old development machine and it was a total
nightmare.

Secondly remove Windows Me from the machine and try to get a copy of Windows
2000. Unless you have some sort of Me specific drivers I would avoid it like
the plague it is. Win2Kis also a far more stable development environment and
is better suited to running

--

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself.

Sir Richard F. Burton

email: zac at pixelgeek.com
web: http://www.pixelgeek.com/