[thelist] synchronizing remote/local

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Mon Jan 22 15:11:31 CST 2001

Aside from DW Ultradev, which is more of an editor than a FTP program,
check out http://www.fileware.com for their program called FTP Sync
which is great for what you mention...synching files between local and
remote
and specifying folders, etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Morbus Iff [mailto:morbus at disobey.com]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 2:15 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] synchronizing remote/local

 >Does anyone have a good technique for synchronizing a local copy of a site
 >with the online version? What I'm looking for is something that will only
 >upload files if the last-modified date is different. Dreamweaver is
supposed
 >to do this under Site|Synchronize, but it usually thinks all the files are
 >new and need to be uploaded.

Welp, there's always Anarchie/Interarchy, which I use constantly to
maintain 3000+ file sites. It allows you to define a bookmark which you can
simply click on, and it will compare file sizes (not dates) to determine
which ones to upload. You can also define a "mirror placeholder", which
allows you to say "hey! don't sync this directory!", which is helpful for
log reports, cgi-bins, or other like directories.

I've heard Transfer and NetFinder have the same ability, but last I knew,
Transfer didn't have mirror placeholders, and I haven't had a chance to try
NetFinder...

Morbus Iff
.sig on other machine.
http://www.disobey.com/