[thelist] RegExps in Cold Fusion!

John Pye john.pye at purplehouse.com
Tue Jan 23 10:45:31 CST 2001

Arrggg Help!

I have been going around in circles trying to work out the peculiarities of
Regular Expressions in Cold Fusion. Can anyone point me to a good reference
for the full set of capabilities of the RE's as they are implemented in CF
4.5.1? I've had no luck on Google.

Many thanks

John Pye
www.creativebase.com

<tip type="Oracle SQL" title="Hierarchical Queries in Oracle">
I have found the hierarchical query capability of Oracle to be really
powerful for populating drop-down boxes, storing category trees, etc.

A query on a hierarchically-organized table goes like this

SELECT categoryname,LEVEL
FROM categorytree
CONNECT BY prior categoryid=parentcategoryid
START WITH categoryid=1023

The table would have the following fields:
 CATEGORYTREE:
  categoryid number(11) primary key
  categoryname varchar2(80)
  parentcategoryid number(11)

This will return a the names of categories in my tree, and a variable
showing the nesting level of the items, starting with the category 1023, and
traversing down each branch to all children of this starting category ID.

Maybe that's new to some of you.
</tip>