[thelist] List newbie wants to learn more code

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Tue Jan 23 11:09:31 CST 2001

Check out the OReilly books, especially Web Design in a Nutshell.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff M. Miller [mailto:joymark at mindspring.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 10:39 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] List newbie wants to learn more code

Hello everyone. I've been a list member for about two weeks, just lurking
'n' learning. I wish I could contribute to this list, but you folks are way
outta my league. I teach Web Design at a private school and also freelance.
I am trying to learn all of the newer web technologies for my own benefit,
as well as for my students.

What I need is resources to help me teach myself. I currently teach HTML and
CSS very proficiently. We learn Photoshop/Illustrator/Fireworks, and will be
moving into Flash and Dreamweaver next year. I have a very basic working
knowledge of JavaScript, and would like to learn more.

Do you folk know of some great web resources to teach myself not only more
JavaScript, but XHTML/XML/PHP, etc. I'm totally clueless on these
technologies and need help.

I hope this email wasn't to long, coming from a newbie. Thanks in advance
for the help.

Jeff M. Miller
joymark at mindpsring.com
work: http://www.harvestbaptistschool.com