[thelist] Beating the favicon.ico Horse

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Tue Jan 23 11:47:31 CST 2001

You want an official resource?

Goto http://www.favicon.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Bailey, Dan [mailto:DBailey at digitalinsurance.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 11:15 AM
To: 'thelist at lists.evolt.org'
Subject: [thelist] Beating the favicon.ico Horse

Alright, I know this has come up a billion times on the list, and I never
really paid attention to it because I never really felt or had the need to
do it, but does anyone have a good link that explains how to create a
favicon.ico file (format, etc.)...?  (Yes, I already did a web search for
it, and got inundated with garbage...  My kingdom for true-AI search
engines!)

Thanks.

-- Dan

<tip type="philosophical">
When your only tool is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.
</tip>

Dan Bailey
Content Engineer
Digital Insurance