[thelist] RE: thelist digest, Vol 1 #1044 - 25 msgs

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Tue Jan 23 13:48:37 CST 2001

I would presume the reason the background color is not a hex code but an
image
is due to browser/resolution issues.

As to your mention of multitasking, I don't follow your logic.
Of course it is blue. ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gurpreet Singh [mailto:gsingh at Adobe.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 12:17 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] RE: thelist digest, Vol 1 #1044 - 25 msgs

Hi,

A bit of digression here:

On reading this mail I went to check the www.zdnn.com website and was
surprised that even such high profile site could do such a strange mistake.
They have used an image with size 1x1 for the dark blue background. As a
result the refresh is very CPU intensive - Just try doing Alt-Tab from the
www.zdnn.com main page to another window and back - you can see the page
getting painted dark blue (I work on 670 MHz pentium III) I didn't
understand the point in using the image in the first place.

gps