[thelist] RE: thelist digest, Vol 1 #1044 - 25 msgs

aphelan (Andrea Phelan) aphelan at confederationc.on.ca
Tue Jan 23 13:54:31 CST 2001

Actually, I do this quite often. Its a perfect way to ensure that your
background color does not vary from browser to browser, especially when
working with colors that arent websafe. I've never had any problems using
this method whatsoever. As the image used is only 1x1, it doesnt effect the
load time in any noticable way.

Annie

>On reading this mail I went to check the www.zdnn.com website and was
surprised that even such high profile site could do such a strange mistake.
They have used an image with size 1x1 for the dark blue background. As a
result the refresh is very CPU intensive - Just try doing Alt-Tab from the
www.zdnn.com main page to another window and back - you can see the page
getting painted dark blue (I work on 670 MHz pentium III) I didn't
understand the point in using the image in the first place.