[thelist] flash pricing

Peter Van Dijck peter at vardus.com
Wed Jan 24 08:57:31 CST 2001

Hi all, (tip at the bottom)
we are doing a flash movie that has:
everyone in a number of teams of a company on it. (pictures or icons or
something) the further they move to the sides the smaller they get. They
avoid each other (e.g. can't bump in to each other. They naturally move
around a little bit all the time and are sligthly attracted to move towards
members of the same team.
When you click on a person, they jump to the middle of the screen (becoming
bigger) and an explanation on what they do shows up. The people they
directly work with move around them and links appear (lines) with an
explanation of how they interact.

We can do the visuals ourselves, and a backend with a database that has the
info on who is in which team and all that, and generates whatever the flash
movie needs (text files, database connections, whatever is easiest).

how much would it very roughly cost to have to following done:

the flash scripting. It would have a kind of natural moving engine with the
rules described above. I figure there would have to be a bit of back and
forth on this development (no simple techspec=>completion).

thanks for any rough ideas on price.
Peter

<tip>
atomz.com just launched a content management system. Nothing extremely
advanced, but if you're a lone webdesigner and don't have lots of coding
time it's probably worth looking into. It has the IE wysiwyg editor,
versioning it seems and templating, and is kept on atomz's servers.
</tip>