[thelist] blogger as a CMS, was: RSS & Big, Static Sites

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser at skdesigns.com
Wed Jan 24 12:35:31 CST 2001

Martin,

I'm still fairly new to the world of Blogger, too, having started using it
for 2 of my Web sites around December 1st -- one for quickly and easily
adding shorter tips and updates for WebsiteTips.com and the other more
commentary, news, stories at another site. I'm experimenting with this
while also finding it a great tool.

Now I'm feeling comfortable enough with it to go ahead and refer my clients
to it as a tool for updating certain information at their own sites without
having to know any HTML. One client in particular wants to write a
newsletter to post at the site, for example, keeping the archives
available, too. Blogger and other similar programs would handle that easily.

My expertise is also with design and graphics, information architecture,
usability - front end, rather than programming, so a tool like this is
highly accessible and easy to learn for my purposes.

So as you can see, there's definitely a business purpose in it for my own
explorations.

I haven't needed to change a URL to one of Blogger's, use invisible frames,
or anything. The pages reside on my server. You're welcome to check them
out if you wish --

Brainstorms & Raves
http://www.skdesigns.com/blog/

Tips & Tidbits