[thelist] 100% height table problems

Kyle Smeby kyle at a-s-i.com
Wed Jan 24 18:17:32 CST 2001

> Well, the responses have been strange to this one..some people see flush,
> other's don't even on the same browser. I accomplished this once with another
> layout, so I got it out and uploaded it:
> http://www.sitediva.com/test/main.html

Very Cool, Most sites like this use frames.

The difference between these to layouts is the table structure (obviously)

A simplified version of the one that works goes like this:

    <TR>
        <TD valign="top"> Top and Middle Content </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
        <TD valign="bottom"> Bottom Content </TD>
    </TR>

The one that doesn't work has all the content in the main table, when it
should be nested in a table.

The column down the left may give you some headaches when doing this. You
may need to fake some of it with a background image.  It will take a little
thinking to get this work, but it seems possible at a glance.

    hope this helps,

        kyle