[thelist] Page taking too long to display

Matthew Haughey matt at haughey.com
Thu Jan 25 01:37:31 CST 2001

At 11:52 PM 1/24/2001 -0600, Gustavo Arizpe wrote:
>I just can'f seem to find what I believe is a table problem in the page
>http://www.lacortefinal.com, which is taking a long time to render in both
>Netscape and Explorer.
>Any hint? Maybe a few (actually four) includes I'm using?

If the includes are javascript, that could be the case, I noticed some

I just ran a page weight bookmarklet (found
here:http://www.dansays.com/archives/index.asp?date=1/11/00#532) and it
reported the page as being 228kb, or nearly one quarter of a megabyte. Try
getting it down to <50kb and I'm sure it will come up faster.

Matt