[thelist] Petition to bring CF ot Mac OS X

Chris Spruck cspruck at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 25 02:15:31 CST 2001

Ray,

>Note: I don't know a *lot* about OSX, but as it was explined to me, it's a
>Mac OS written on top of Linux, so that all Linux software will work on
>the Mac.  So, if this is right, an OSX version of Homesite would then also
>work on Linux, correct??

 From http://www.apple.com/macosx/technologies/inside.html:

<apple>The system's kernel is based on Mach 3.0 from Carnegie-Mellon
University and FreeBSD 3.2 (derived from the University of California at
Berkeley's BSD 4.4-Lite).</apple>

I'd say OS X wouldn't technically be considered a Linux variant (but a Unix
variant), so maybe it would just need to be recompiled. I'm not well-versed
in Linux or kernel issues, so someone else can probably comment further on
this topic.

Chris