[thelist] Petition to bring CF ot Mac OS X

Frank framar at interlog.com
Thu Jan 25 02:22:31 CST 2001

>  Note: I don't know a *lot* about OSX, but as it was
>  explined to me, it's a Mac OS written on top of Linux,
>  so that all Linux software will work on the Mac. So, if
>  this is right, an OSX version of Homesite would then
>  also work on Linux, correct??

Close but not quite. Think of it as BSD with a good gui and a hefty
amount of backward compatibility. There's no CF server written for
any variant of BSD that I know of.

Side note:
I happen to really want it CF on OS X (not Mac 9.x) because I dislike
Homesite. It may have some good CF integration features, but it's a
clumsy text editor. I'm willing, however, to offer that if Homesite
were to be freed of the Windows environment that it could take a step
up.
--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com