[thelist] Flash buttons/ clear all?

Philip Lindsay phil at presence-multimedia.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 05:28:31 CST 2001

> Basically, what I want to do is have a button stay in an "on" state while
> user is looking at something and then when they choose another button for
> it to clear that on state and do it for the next button.
>
> So, it will be a sort of a "you are here" type navigation. I think that
> putting a "stop" action in the down state works but I can't figure a way
> to sort of "clear all" when the user chooses another button.

If you made the buttons as movieclips instead of button symbols you could
control the 'state' of them by switching on and off the value of variables
and the 'tell target' command.

You could have a script on a button which checked the value of a variable
then switched it to the opposite value (i.e. if 'on' then turn 'off' and
vice versa) and then included some tell target commands under each condition
to change the movieclip buttons to a different frame (see below).

On (Release)
    If (a = 0)
        Begin Tell Target ("/box1")
            Go to and Play ("on")