[thelist] pixels for table ???

david braun david.braun at centralnet.ch
Thu Jan 25 09:41:31 CST 2001

On 25.01.2001 at 16:38 Uhr, isaac at lists.evolt.org (isaac) wrote:

> > so, as long as there's no conditional way to define a tables width (if
> > the window's width is bigger than 800, make the table 720 wide, or else
> > make it 100%), you'll stay with caveats for any of the two solutions)
>

> A good mixture that gives a liquid site, but avoids a full-100% width
> hard-to-read paragraph is to make your table around 70% wide, but give it a
> minimum width of around 590px using images (transparent gifs if you don't
> have other images in there to do it).
>
> This means you have a site design that does enlarge to fit someone surfing
> with a browser fullscreen, but also doesn't squish lower than you want it to
> (ie, 70% of a 640x480 or 800x600 display may be too small).

yeah, this is supercool, BUT -- what if I want it the otherway 'round?

A table that expands to max, say, 720px, but avoids horizontal
scrollbars on small windows?

TIA
david
d: )
"we don't see that we don't see what we can't see" (H. v. Foerster)

david braun  |  david.braun at centralnet.ch  |  icq 105127124