[thelist] Embedding remote Web content with #include under IIS 4.

David Adams dpadams at island-data.com
Thu Jan 25 18:29:31 CST 2001

Thanks all for the many suggestions on how to include responses from remote
hosts in pages served by IIS. I've now installed and tested two components:

    AspTear
    V1:     Free
    V1.2:   $35US
    http://www.alphasierrapapa.com/IisDev/Components/AspTear/

    AspHTTP 3.5.4.0
    Eval:   Good until January 30
    Full:   $49.95US
    http://www.serverobjects.com/comp/asphttp3.htm

Installation and use of the two products is nearly identical. Each of the
products returns the entire response, including the HTTP header. As you
know, a full HTTP response consists of:

    HTTP headers
    Carriage return+Line feed
    Carriage return+Line feed

    Content

All I want is the content. I have control of the systems that are being
called and of what they are sending out. Does anyone know of a simple way to
strip out the HTTP header returned by either of the components I've
mentioned? Another way?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

  David Adams
  Island Data Management