[thelist] A variation of the NS4 resize bug

Gee gee at geedev.com
Thu Jan 25 19:19:31 CST 2001

As you recall Gee is puzzled:
>  ..the first time you load the page, the screen looks horrible. After you
resize,
> everything works fine. ...
> http://geedev.com/evolt/zeam.php

Charles J. sez:
> I checked both of your php pages with Netscape 4.74 on a Mac, and they
seem
> to work fine; I'm not seeing the problem you describe.

Thanks for checking. I had largely the same experience last night (i.e.,
NS4x on a 400 Mhz G3 Mac corrects pages). Better said, the layer collapse
was an exception rather than the rule.

But, so far in my experience, all NS4 Win9X browswers are collapsing the
page upon load.  Without fail.