[thelist] Embedding remote Web content with #include under IIS 4.

Mike Hardaker mike at angloinfo.com
Thu Jan 25 19:27:31 CST 2001

> > look for the <html>, take everything after that....
>
> Hopelessly clueless question: any suggestions on where to find information
> on parsing with ASP?

There's a lot of it about, try http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/index.shtml as
one pretty decent starting-point, and http://www.asp101.com/index.asp as
another (there are more comprehensive sites, but these are relatively cuddly
by ASP standards).

For your immediate problem, the answer is *something* like:

<%
' earlier code here, I'm assuming AspHTTP
myString = HTTPObj.GetURL 'Or whatever AspTear delivers
set HttpObj = nothing
n = instr(lcase(myString), "<html>")
myString = right(myString, (Len(myString) - n) + 1)
' Then process myString, which is minus headers e.g:
response.write myString
%>

The precise details will, of course, vary...

Mike Hardaker
Founder & Publisher
AngloINFO
www.angloinfo.com