[thelist] NN: funny window.open self.close behavior

Matthew Fischer mfischer at e-fishsolutions.com
Fri Jan 26 09:34:31 CST 2001

Try:

Works for me, even in NN4, NN3 and IE4 and IE5.

If you use onClick, the event doesn't wait for the link to process. The way it is above, the location change happens before the self.close().

HTH

On 1/26/01 at 2:53 PM, stef at nota-bene.org (s t e f) wrote:

> Hello, fellow evolters.
>
> I made a popup for http://www.ridingzone.com/rz2/site2f/general/
> When a link is clicked within the popup, the opener opens the linked page.
>
> The popup was supposed to close onclick, but in NN4 it's like the link is
> not followed since the event onclick is triggered before the link is activated.
>
> So I had to resort to a onclick="self.blur();" but I would really like to
> understand... And get an idea as to how to correct that...
>
> Thanks in advance.

matthew fischer                         toll-free: 877.web.fish
e-fish solutions, inc.                      voice: 203.272.2987
mfischer at e-fishsolutions.com                  fax: 800.203.5816
http://e-fishsolutions.com                   cell: 203.988.5663