[thelist] Site critique, please?

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Fri Jan 26 11:04:31 CST 2001

I really like the colors and layout.  In NN 4.7x it adds some space around
the navigation on the left, but it still looks good.  The funny thing is
that IE seems to drag on the rollovers on the left nav.  I watch my modem
and I think I see the lights flickering every time I rollover a link, so I
wonder if they're not being cached for some reason.

I noticed that you are using the MM_ code, which searches the document tree
for most every swap.  For IE, you might consider adding an id attribute to
the image tags and then using the ie document model to do the image swaps
instead.  Using the DOM tends to be faster for IE.  Just add a switch to
handle NS the way that you currently are and use the faster DOM method for
ie 4.0+.

Just my 2 cents.

-joshua