[thelist] Site critique, please?

mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Fri Jan 26 11:14:39 CST 2001

Hi, Charles --

Looks good! I noticed a couple of things:

NN 4.08/W2K --

1) On the homepage, the liquid cell of the "Welcome", "Surf Report", etc.
tables isn't displaying anything. I assume that's one of the background
problems that you mention below.

2) The left hand menu doesn't display the background image on the homepage.
You could specify that in hex; it's a solid color.

3) The links at the bottom of the pages do that squinchy, impossible to read
thing. They look okay in IE, and none of the other text does it...maybe just
bump it up a px.

In general --

1) Put a link in that bottom menu back to the home page.

2) I'd personally like to see a link to the home page up  closer to the top
of the page. I *always* look in the upper left for a link home, then start
scanning down and across. Took me a few seconds to recognize the home link
in the breadcrumb trail.

3) Make the breadcrumb trail less prominent. It's a tool, not content. :)
I'd remove it from the table it's in, change the link colors to the normal
link colors and just let it float above all the content. That would close up
the gap between the top bar and the content table.

Good job!

David