[thelist] Petition to bring CF ot Mac OS X

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Fri Jan 26 12:13:31 CST 2001

True, and my tip was only for single server, lower end sites. Discussing
sites like walmart of sears would assume some sort of load-balancing
-either hardware or softare - technique way out in front of the servers
just to make sure they never have more than 512 process' running in the
first place.

<tip type="sendmail spool file forwarding">
One problem I run into a lot is people that have spool files that they
want forwarded to another email address.. Instead of just forwarding a
big ass spool file full of headers to their new address, try this command:

cat /var/spool/mail/user | formail -s sendmail user at newaddress.com

this will send out the contents of /var/spool/mail/user to
user at newaddress.com as indvidual, easily parsed messages...weee!

</tip>

.djc.