[thelist] RE: Site critique, please?

Charles Johnson cfj at mac.com
Fri Jan 26 19:43:35 CST 2001

Jamie Madden <jamie at bayou.com> wrote:

> Win98, NS 4.75, T1.  Everything seems fine to me.  No table or background
> errors that I can see.  I don't understand why Netscape gets such a bad
> rap.  But I digress, the page looks extremely good.  Decent load time but I
> didn't checked it over a dialup.

Great! I'm glad to hear it looks good for another Windows/Netscape setup. As
we'll see below, however, some people are definitely experiencing a
mysterious missing table cell background image.

Load time should be pretty good even on dialup; the pages aren't going to
win the 5K award, but they're not *gigantic* either.

As for why Netscape gets a bad rap: I'm not gonna touch that one. ;)

Charles F. Johnson
Little Green Footballs Web Design
http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com