[thelist] Site critique, please?

Charles Johnson cfj at mac.com
Fri Jan 26 20:38:31 CST 2001

Kathy Stanley <zam at toto.net> wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> I visited the site, and I think you've done a wonderful job.  The only
> thing that I find that isn't quite right is the nav at the bottom of each
> page.  I'm using Netscape 4.7 on a Win 98 with a resolution of 1024x768.  I
> can't read the font.
>
> The same thing happens on all of the pages under the Adobe Acrobat reader
> logo.  I can't make out what's there.
>
> It might also be nice to have a link in your bottom nav section that takes
> me back 'home'.
>
> Nice use of colors and great graphics!
>
> Kathy

Thanks for the nice words, Kathy! You're the second to mention that the
links at bottom are too tiny. I suspect this is a difference between
Netscape and IE; since the text renders at its proper pixel size in IE, but
poor Netscape seems to be dropping the ball again. For what it's worth, on
the Mac (where I do most of my work, although of course I constantly check
on PCs as well) the font sizes are identical in IE5 and Netscape 4.x.

And that's another vote for more home navigation links. Got it!

Charles F. Johnson
Little Green Footballs Web Design
http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com