[thelist] ASP using SQL but anoing me like $%&#

Elfur Logadottir elfur at lists.evolt.org
Sun Jan 28 18:00:31 CST 2001

From: "Mike Hardaker" <mike at angloinfo.com>

| It looks to me as if the problem is yer SQL, not the
semicolon. I think you
| need something like this, actually.
|
| Try:

<snip>

you were right, but see my other mail re. the fourth
addition (order; '1')

| Furthermore, I'd recommend using something like:
|
| <% v_nafn =
Replace(trim(Server.HTMLEncode(Request.form("nafn"))), "'",
| "''") & ""%>
|
| and then placing the new variable (e.g. v_nafin) in the
database, rather
| than taking the straight request.form data - which can
contain stuff that
| will make Access barf rather unpleasantly.

yes, this is exactly why I'm messing with this code in the
first place, I don't like how it was written (plus I had
some additions)

thanks a bunch
elfur
*the 'still puzzled although slightly less puzzled than
before' one*