[thelist] Bullet Alignment (was: Another Site Critique)

Beau Hartshorne beau at gohothouse.com
Mon Jan 29 15:09:31 CST 2001

> About the bullets: annoying, isn't it? On my latest designs, I'm using the
> following style to get around this:
>
> ul {
> list-style-type: square;
> list-style-position: inner;
> list-style-image: url(../shared-images/triangle.gif);
> }
>
> Netscape 4.x understands list-style-type, so NS users get square bullets.
> But IE users get a nice graphic bullet that is centered with the text.
> Designing the graphic so it aligns with your list text does involve a bit of
> trial and error, though.

That's a good suggestion, but I'd rather keep it simple with this site. I
notice that   characters load much faster than gif shims, for example.
I would rather use some entity (if well enough supported) or fix a bug in my
CSS code than use images to create bullets in a CSS or table based layout.

Cheers,

Beau