[thelist] benefits of installing IE on a web server

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Tue Jan 30 16:08:32 CST 2001

Presuming you're using NT/Win2k and IIS (cause you said "ASP"):

There's no harm in installing it, and the only real 'silly' part is actually
*using* the browser on the server to surf. Install it --especially with .NET
stuff coming, the webserver uses browser components even more.

(In fact, you'll be installing it anyways: NT service pack 6 requires at
least IE4)

sgd
--
work: http://www.ti3.com/