[thelist] Search engines and dynamic sites using query strings

Raymond Camden rcamden at allaire.com
Tue Jan 30 17:09:31 CST 2001

A friend of mine who is working with ASP.NET just sent me this via ICQ:

Hey, neat trick in ASP.NET: you can write an HTTPHandler that translates
URL's.  So that if a URL comes in as www.mysite.com/myapp/joel it can handle
it as if the URL said
www.mysite.com/myapp/userdetails.aspx?user=joel

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Allaire

Email   : jedimaster at allaire.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482