[thelist] doctype

Andrew Martin comitque at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 19:55:32 CST 2001

I never used Doctype until just recently.  Now I consider my document 4.01
strict, but if the HTML Validator at W3C claims that it's not strict, then
how will browsers interpret the page?  Will it degrade to 4.01 transitional
or remain with strict?  I guess it really doesn't matter but I'm curious...

btw, the thing that throws it off is the 'height="80%"' in a table tag.
The reason it's there is to keep the 'contact the webmaster' line at the
very bottom of the page if the content is less than one full page.

Thanks