[thelist] Form tags & Text Fields

Sabrina Dent, Apperception Ltd. sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 01:45:32 CST 2001

> I'm doing a search box on my site. The form tag seems
> to add a space under everything.

I don't know if you've solved this, but this always works for me, or appears
to in my state of 4.x ignorant bliss...

</form>

Also, someone had a question about longer text boxes in NN... I know this
sounds weird, but I've been able to successfully resolve this issue by
putting <font size=""> </font>  tags around my input boxes. Obviously, you
need to determine a font size to go in the " " :o) I have this unfounded,
unresearched, untested theory that NN interprets the default character size
as being larger than IE, hence larger boxes for the same number of
characters.

I have no idea if this would work with CSS since I don't use style sheets,
but it's handy for standard HTML.

I don't use style sheets? God, that's my second appalling confession for the
day, and I've only been here a week!

Cheers,
Bri
*******
"Bother," said Pooh, as Piglet was assimilated by the Borg

<tip>
Don't forget wrap="virtual" for your NN form's scrolling text boxes!
</tip>