[thelist] Old Shockwave installers

zac zac at pixelgeek.com
Wed Jan 31 12:40:32 CST 2001

Garrett Coakley wrote:

> Does anyone know if it's possible to download old versions of the
> Shockwave plugin?

AFAIK there isn't any way to get older plugins from Macromedia. JD can
correct me but my assumption is that they don't want to deal with the QA and
support nightmare it would produce.

> Works fine with version 6 and 8, but 7 seems to causing GPF's in
> iml32.dll. Which I can't understand as the CD has all the dlls needed.
> Why would it be looking at what plugins are installed?

It sounds like an incompatibility with that version of the DLL.  What
version of Director was the project built in and does it use any Flash?

--

       Windows 95 is bad enough so that Microsoft really
       wants everyone to switch to Windows NT

       Stewart Alsop, Fortune Magazine

       email: zac at pixelgeek.com
       WWW: http://www.pixelgeek.com/