[thelist] Help! On-Line Payment Processing

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Thu Feb 1 22:00:37 CST 2001

Forgive me, this has been around once or twice in the past, but I need
fresh info.

I am building a site for an historic (originally opened in 1905 with an
interesting history, www.academyofmusictheatre.org is the current site
if you are interested) theater restoration/new operation site.  During
the next two years of restoration, there is a need to accept donation
pledges/payments.  Then as the restoration is completed and operations
begin, on-line ticket sales will be added.  My request is two fold:

1) I have worked with Card Services International, Virtual LinkPoint.  I
have looked hard at VeriSign's PayFlow solutions (nice to have certs and
gateway in one package, but seems pricey).  I have researched some of
the other payment gateway solutions.  I am looking for feedback on
experience with different solutions and providers.  Ease of setup,
coding requirements, cost, etc.  Any insights would be greatly
appreciated.

2) Directions to good scripts for donations and/or ticket sales via
on-line transaction, or working scripts you are willing to share, would
be a nice jump start for this project.

Thanks in advance.

Ron D.