[thelist] Killing Note Pad!

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Feb 2 06:40:37 CST 2001

>>  Can someone tell me how to use any other text editor
>>  than Notepad to view source? I've changed it in
>>  explorer's tools menu, and in the folder options. The
>>  #^&$ piece of junk keep blighting my life.

>  Open RegEdit and look for "NOTEPAD.EXE %1". Change to
>  your favorite editor (leave the %1 in there).

I replaced every instance with METAPAD.EXE (keeping ' %1') and though
everything else has changed, explorer still uses notepad. So I
trashed it, thinking that explorer would be smart enough to ask me
for a replacement. It has instead decided to barf up some error
messages regarding it's unavailability.

Now is it me, or is it MS commitment to using notepad exclusively?
Did I miss something?
--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com